Joshua Tinnin wrote:

On Saturday 24 July 2004 07:36 am, Joshua Tinnin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 23 July 2004 10:10 pm, Bob Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Just cvsup'd my system for the weekend and found three additions
to the /usr/ports/CHANGES file.  They referenced a replacement of
the XFREE86_VERSION variable by the X_WINDOW_SYSTEM variable,
a big update to PHP ports and bsd.php.mk to add more flexibility  plus
an announcement that "OpenLDAP version 2.2 is now the default..."

I'm still learning FreeBSD and deal with issues as they come up. I
remember reading postings regarding the XFree86 issue but thought
I had the option to leave well enough alone. Maybe not.

I don't know about the other two, but as for the X_WINDOW_SYSTEM variable,
it looks to me like it's related to this:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-July/032267.html

It only applies to -CURRENT right now, but it's as easy as adding a line to
rc.conf if you want to stay with XFree86.

Sorry, that should have been make.conf. It's too early ...

JT,
Thanks for the update.  Just read all of the related messages and I think I
can handle this.

Need to pause for a moment and give myself a FreeBSD pep talk.

Thanks again.

Bob Perry

-- I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0