On Jul 26, 2004, at 3:34 AM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
I have 4 large (120- 200 Gig) hard drives server. The server died and I'm no longer using FreeBSD I can get the data off these drives?

- Convert UFS to any other mountable and OS X? If so, where? I thought maybe Ghost, but sector copies, which are not readable by Ghost

isn't OS X capable of reading UFS?

Yes, certainly. However, MacOS X keeps filesystem data in network byte order (aka big-endian); I'm not sure whether it knows how to understand a FreeBSD UFS filesystem, which most probably uses native little-endian byte order. It may still be worth a try.

Otherwise, the best bet is to mount these drives on a FreeBSD box long enough to either rsync the data to some other machine, or take a backup using tar or dump.

--
-Chuck