On Monday 26 July 2004 10:29 am, Sikander Abbasi wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am new to freebsd i am having problem installing
> freebsd, when i tried to install it say max one fat
> partition,
>
> i have 2 fat primary partition and keep 5 gd 1
> partition for installing freebsd.
>
> plz help me in this
>
> with regards
>
> sikander Abbasi

It sounds as though you're using fdisk and it's telling you that you can
only have one "active" primary partition.

Where are you getting the message?  Are you using the FreeBSD
installation CDROM?  Or are you working with the partition table in
another program such as fdisk?

Let us know so that we can provide better assistance.

Andrew Gould