Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:
Joseph Peterson wrote:

Unfortunately that is not the solution to my problem, I've run
memtest86 on my laptop several times and found no problems... any
other thoughts? =)

-joe

Just a thought:

Have you build your world and / or kernel from source? If that's the
case double check processor-specific make options like CPUTYPE, CFLAGS,
COPTFLAGS, etc. (they can be used from command line and from /etc/make.conf)

Good luck!

Karol

I'm seeing the same problem on my dual Athlon box. The freezes are totally random AFAICT, sometimes when the machine is just idling.

I've not used any CPU-specific make options but may try setting some to see if it makes a difference. One thing though, I only have

cpu             I686_CPU

set, not I486_CPU and I586_CPU as well, maybe that could be a problem?

I'm running -CURRENT and the build I did on 8 April didn't have this problem but it started with the next build I did a couple of weeks ago. I've cvsup'd and rebuilt a couple of times since, the last on 25 July, but the problem persists.

Regards,

Mark