PLEASE wrap your lines.  I'm not interested in fixing obnoxious email formatting
any more.  See http://www.lemis.com/questions.html

Hakim Singhji <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Many of you have seen my posts lately, I'm a noobie to FreeBSD.  I'm trying
> to configure a home "Windows Free" home network complete with default
> gateway, LAN, Wireless 802.11b and several flavors of Linux/BSD.
>
> Its a pretty big project for me and is teaching me ALOT.  However I have a
> test setup and I'm am not able to ping my local machine.  I can only ping
> my gateway.  My local machine is enabled to receive FTP, PING and SSH. In
> addition the firewall on my default gateway is also configured to operate
> those services.
>
> I don't know where I''ve gone wrong, my default gateway works fine
> however...I cannot find my network from the outside.  What is the problem???
>  Thanks in advance for all your help.

Do you have _real_ IPs?  Most people only get one real IP from their ISP, and
then use "private" IPs (such as 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x) for the rest of their
machines.  If you're doing such, you'll either need exciting nat rules on
the gateway, or some other workaround.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies