On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Joseph Koenig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used FreeBSD with a Dell PowerVault NAS (Windows-based)? We are
> considering moving some servers to a facility that uses PowerVault NAS
> machines with Windows to do backups. Is there any issue with this? I should
> be able to connect via NFS or SMB and just tar directly to the NAS machine,
> correct? Thanks,

Well, I've seen one of those providing NFS to a Solaris8 box, and it
worked so far.

IIRC there is the Windows Storage Server installed, which has Services
for Unix as NFS-Provider, rumors go that lots of that code had beed
derived from OpenBSD...

HTH
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,