On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 12:43:54AM +0200, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> Usely I do something like this:
> 
> # cd /root
> # cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports.supfile
> # cd /usr/ports
> # make index
> # portsdb -u
> 
> It always worked like a charm.. But this night after cvsup and a 'make
> index' I ran portsdb -u and almost every portentry was deleted because
> some error about 10 fieldnames needed ???? The result was that almost
> every portname became unknown to portupgrade..
> I ran make index a second and a third time with the same results.. Can't
> figure out what's wrong all of a sudden..
> 
> I "fixed it" running "portsdb -Uu" --> this resulted in a good
> /usr/ports/INDEX and a good index.db file.
> 
> Any ideas why the "make index" stopped working?

See the thread starting with:

    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-June/013462.html
 
This change went in at the time without many noticable problems.  It
seems that you've got the latest bsd.ports.mk with the expanded INDEX
format, but an older version of portupgrade which doesn't understand
the new style.  Upgrade your portupgrade to the latest, and all should
be well:

    % pkg_info -I portupgrade\*
    portupgrade-20040701_3 FreeBSD ports/packages administration and management tools

        Cheers,

        Matthew

-- 
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       26 The Paddocks
                                                      Savill Way
PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey         Marlow
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Bucks., SL7 1TH UK

Attachment: pgpo3BgPiACMP.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to