Philip Murray wrote:

Comrade Burnout wrote:

i recently upgraded some machines to FreeBSD 5.2.1-STABLE, and trying to install the PEAR objects (PHP stuff).

I've looked through the INDEX file in my local ports collection, and the PEAR tree is looking for:

php4-4.3.4
whereas mod_php4 and any of the other (non-PEAR ) PHP ports are looking for:

mod_php4-4.3.4,1

PEAR needs a command line PHP binary to be able to run. The mod_php4 package only installs an Apache module and not the commandline PHP binary.
Thus PEAR would be unuseable. The upside, is that the php4 package includes the command line binary, an Apache module and the CGI executable.

well, i did say "and others". i had the php4 package installed, but there were other conflicts (that i don't remember at the moment -- the original problem was making sure the mysql-client libs were in synch with the mysql server i'm using. i tried to go up to mysql-4.1, but the packages for mod_php, php, etc. have a dependency listed for the 'earlier' release of mysql )

Cheers

Philip