Background - All was well until the boss upgraded the glibc on the RedHat server which made all kinds of things unhappy. Taking the opportunity to convert yet another server here to FreeBSD, I built a new DNS on FreeBSD 4.9.
I have noticed a couple of odd things.
Typing in /usr/sbin/named -v, gets me this:
named 8.3.6-REL Mon Oct 27 14:55:35 GMT 2003
which totally doesn't look right since it should be bind 9 something or other. The package was /usr/ports/dns/bind9
which stated in the package description that it would install BIND version 9. Either the binary doesn't know what version it is or the package has something funky in it that's yielding the wrong version number after compilation.
BIND 9 doesn't install to the same location as BIND 8. BIND8 usually goes to /usr/sbin/named BIND9 usually goes to /usr/local/sbin/named
You might want to doublecheck the "named_program" setting in your rc.conf to make sure it's pointing at the new location too.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"