ashadul hoque wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have installed FreeBSD5.2.1-RELEASE on Vmware.

When booting I am seeing the message "Wait 15 seconds for SCSI to settle".

The problem is I am not using any SCSI device on my virtual machine. I tried "sysctl kern.cam.scsi_delay=100" but no improvement.

Can anyone give me pointer on how to reduce boot time by reducing the delay. I want to squeeze maximum performance out of this setting. So, any pointer to the right direction will be appreciated.

regards
Ashadul

Look in your kernel config fiile for this line:

options         SCSI_DELAY=15000        #Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI

and comment it out.

Michael

--
Michael D. Whities
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

There are four colors of hats to watch for: Black, White, Grey, and Red.

The meanings are: Cracker, Hacker, Guru, and Victim.