David Kelly wrote:

On Aug 9, 2004, at 5:40 PM, David Kelly wrote:

wi0: <Intersil Prism2.5> mem 0xfc000000-0xfc000fff irq 21 at device 0.0 on pci2
wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0000; event status 0x0000
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
: init failed
device_probe_and_attach: wi0 attach returned 6

Update: exact same card on an Asus P2B PII-400 MHz machine with FreeBSD 4.8-p-something produced much the same results above when I did "kldload if_wi". Difference was "attach returned 5" and the system locked hard.

Studying D-Link's site I now know I have a "version E" card, if that means anything. NT4 is the newest Microsoft product I have, and isn't supported by D-Link. The D-Link instructions say their software is to be installed before the hardware so I'm wondering if it has to be FLASH'ed or something?

I recently experienced the same thing. The wi driver only supports revision A and B cards. I ditched the E for an A and it works beautifully.

Mike