Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Peter Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am trying to install Samba3 from the ports
collection onto freeBSD 4.10.

The Make terminated because there was an
earlier version of openldap already installed, and the new one wanted to store
files in the same directory.

When i tried to pkg_delete the old version,
it refused, saying that several KDE related items were using it.

I am confused about what to do about this.

(I dont have the version numbers.. after this
i decided to try and install samba 2, and a
blue options screen came up that seems to have wiped out the error messages that appeared at the end of the samba 3 make)

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Sounds like a job for the sysutils/portupgrade port.

Then perhaps run pkgdb -F to update dependencies for other relevant ports.

Peter.