On Wed Aug 11 20:59:08 2004 Karl Friedrich Gauss wrote:

I'm trying to install freebsd 4.10 on second hard-drive. On the first hard drive is winXP. When I run sysinstall from a cd-rom, it seems to be unable to modify the mdr of my first hard drive. I tried to go into fdisk, the just quit and install boot manager on first hard disk. It doesn't work.

When I reboot, I still enter in windows. What can I do?

As long as you have winXP installed why not use the ntloader.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#NT-BOOTLOADER

answers all of the relevant questions. Before i nuked windows from my
laptop this worked well.
cheers,
Thomas

Jeremie

MSNŽ Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling get-togethers. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.