Kurt wrote:

You might try the freezer trick.

Bag the drive securely against moisture, put it in the freezer for
several hours, then put it back in the machine while still very cold,
and see if it responds. If it does, get the data you need from it
quickly.

You may require several attempts to get all of the data you need, or it
may not work at all, but all it costs is a litle time.

Quite the unorthodox suggestion there, but I'll try anything once. ;-)

Just have to make sure that the condensed humidity doesn't fry anything. Leave all the cables plugged in and hanging outside the bag, maybe? Hmm... Now where did I put that spare extension power cable?

-Henrik W Lund