On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:50:17 +0000, Rob DeMarco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 15:55, Paul Mather wrote:

You should be able to use portupgrade to upgrade your linux_base-6.1_6
to a more recent version.  This does assume you have the ports tree
installed (and preferably up to date via cvsup) under /usr/ports...

While I have some familiarity with the ports tree, I didn't install it this time because of limited disk space (though I suppose I could do a partial port-tree install). Also, my P150 makes compiles long and painful :) To avoid all that, I'm trying to see if a simple binary pkg_add to Linux-emul 7 would do the trick.

Portupgrade can be made to use packages (see the man page), avoiding the compile problem.

If you don't have portupgrade (sysutils/portupgrade), then you should
install it.  It's really useful!

What he said.

Jud