I'm trying to replicate a successful FreeBSD installation
on a new HD with a different file structure. I am able to
access the FreeBSD machine over my LAN as a user, but not
as root. This is true for both ftp and telnet.

I can access it fine as root, either ftp or telnet, when I
plug in the old HD with the successful build.

I can't find anything I'm doing differently with the new HD.

The ftp connect as root is rejected outright, yet a user
connect works fine.

After I first connect via telnet as a user and attempt su,
the response is "you are not in the correct group (wheel)
to su root."

I'm using 4.10.

Help please?

Jay O'Brien