Hi,

I am studying the kernel source of FreeBSD. I like to know the flow of packets from
NIC to different modules of Kernel and then to the user-level. I studied the code and
identified some of the functions through which the kernel handles network packets.....
But I want to check from where the control goes to that function.......

So I decided to debug the kernel.... since I have only one machine I am not checking
for kgdb.... I decided to work with DDB so compiled the kernel with option DDB and
with debugging enabled (-g option). After installing the new kernel I rebooted the
system and in the boot prompt I gave "-d" option to  enter the debugging module.....
My problem is that I can't provide any breakpoints with this method... It gives me
error saying "symbol not found".....  Can anybody tell me where is the
problem................

thanks
Joseph

stheg olloydson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
it was written:

>However, when it starts to install, it fails saying the filesystem is
>full. This can't be. It's a 40Gb drive. I started by overwriting my
>hd using a utility called boot and nuke. Then I allocated the whole
>thing to freebsd and made that partition bootable. Then in disklabel,
>I hit "a" to do a default setup. I've tried several different things
>in disklabel and I wipe my disk clean between each try and nothing
>seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

This seems to be the nub of your problem. The message saying "the
filesystem is full" means the partition is full, not the harddrive.
Make sure the drive's geometry and that reported in disklabel agree. I
think you should start over and use the instructions at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-steps.html
as a guide, particularly section 2.5.5.
As to the problem with the router and intermittent failures to connect,
that sounds like TCP/IP problem. The fact it seemingly goes away is
very odd. Make sure you're not using an IP address already assigned to
some other interface (and may as well that your subnet mask, hostname,
and DNS address are correct, too). Double check that you're using a
supported NIC.

HTH,

Stheg