On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:05:44 +0100, Gary Edwards
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was wondering what PCI modems FreeBSD supports.  I have followed the
> hardware link on the web site but could not find a supplier to the UK.
> I was wondering if the "ADSL PCI Conexant Chipset" was supported.

An external standalone ethernet based ADSL router can be bought for
30 or so and you will have no interoperability problems with FreeBSD
or any other operating system that supports ethernet.

Even for a single machine setup the ethernet option is usually
superior to USB or an internal card, having no driver problems and a
few additional security benefits.

Jason.