Jason Lieurance wrote:

Hello,

Late couple days on our Freebsd 4.7 email/web server I've got this message in the
nightly cron jobs:

Checking setuid files and devices:

Checking for uids of 0:
root 0
toor 0

You have this line:

# 300.chkuid0 daily_status_security_chkuid0_enable="YES"

   set in "/etc/defaults/periodic.conf" under the
"Security Options" heading, most likely.  I was under
the impression that this was set by default, as that
is the name of the directory it's in.   I would be curious
as to why this wasn't happening before.

Check the dates on said file and directory.  Have
you recently run "mergemaster", perhaps?

I've searched and some said it had to do with an incomplete dmesg or something like
that. There are some errors:

<>pid 82522 (libhttpd.ep), uid 65534: exited on signal 11
<snip>

Something dumped core or what not, then.

<>but I've had those before w/o the:

Checking for uids of 0:
<snip>
Any thoughts, thanks.

Like I said, completely normal, although why they weren't coming in before I can't guess....

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.