Matthew Seaman wrote:

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 08:46:58AM -0700, Mike wrote:

I'm running 4.10. And I just and ran portupgrade and got php-4.3.8. I read the UPDATING file and noticed that the php4 extensions are now installed separately [/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions].

Note: I'm running Apache-1.3.31

So I installed (make install && make clean) the php4 extensions using the curses based screen. Aside from MySQL support (a default) I choose bz2, gettext, IMAP, calendar, ftp, zlib, xml, and imagick support.

The install and registration seemed to work without any errors. And all possible php extensions are listed in /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini

However,

When I check php (phpinfo.php) with "http://192.168.1.40/~test1/phpinfo.php";, I get this from the "Configure Command" portion of the resulting php output:

[Configure Command]
'./configure' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-memory-limit' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php' '--disable-all' '--with-regex=php' '--disable-cli' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local' 'i386-portbld-freebsd4.10'

Question: Where are the extensions I selected for installation???

I'm trying to install a CMS (MamboServer) and the CMS install routine reports that php DOES NOT have MySQL, zlib, or xml support.

I've had previous success installing this CMS using an older version of php4 that did not have the extensions installation seperate.

What am I missing?

Check your /usr/local/etc/php.ini file and make sure that the
'extension_dir' property is commented out:

    ; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
    ; extension_dir = "./"

If you're running using mod_php4, make sure to restart apache so that
changes to php.ini are picked up.

That will let PHP use the correct, compiled in value (which should be
/usr/local/lib/php/20020429 for PHP4, or /usr/local/lib/php/20040412
for PHP5) All of your extensions should be visible in that directory
as dynamically loadable .so shared objects.

        Cheers,

Matthew

Matthew,

BINGO! That did it.  Thank you.

I THOUGHT I had read the UPDATING file pertaining to PHP but I missed the sentence on commenting out the "extension_dir" [sigh].

Michael