I've tested the entire week, with some weird results.
No errors are found inside any of the two modules,
when I test them separately (in slot one).  When I
have both modules, I get a few hundreds errors.  I've
cleaned the slots and the contacts, but no change.
The funny thing is that all the errors seem located in
the 0-128M range, even if I swap the position of the
two modules.  I've tested multiple times, for up to 16
hours at a time, and the results are consistent: no
errors with a single module, a lot of them with both
inserted, no matter which is the order of the modules
(original, or swapped).  I assume it's the fault of
the motherboard, not of the memory modules.

Thanks eveybody for the answers - I think I should get
a new motherboard and processor.

Laurentiu