On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 07:51 -0700, samy lancher wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have a sendmail Email server on freebsd OS. I  would like to know if there is any
> way I can extract the attachments that come with email and store them in a local
> folder. I do not want to use any MUA. I will be getting several Emails with image
> attachments. I just want to automatically extract those image attachments and store
> them in local folder. Are there any third party applications or some kind of script
> or maybe need some configuration on the server for this purpose. I would really
> appreciate if someone could help me out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Naveen.

You can use mimeStrip available at http://oneguycoding.com/opensource/
mimeStrip has lots of uses.  For example I use it in a procmail recipe
to do exactly what you are looking for.

:0
* ^Mailing-List: .*yahoogroups.com
{
        :0 fw
        | /usr/local/bin/mimeStrip.pl --dir=${HOME}/attachments

        :0:
        lists/yahoo
}

This recipe will save the attachment to my attachments directory, and
strip them from the original email and save it to the lists/yahoo
folder.

--lonnie