I have two plexes in an array (FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE, which I needed so that I could run Samba3 with ACL).
The following is roughly how my array is (was) set up. volume array plex org raid5 (p0) drive one (p0.s0) drive two (p0.s1) drive three (p0.s2) drive four (p0.s3) drive five (p0.s4) drive eleven (p0.s5) plex org raid5 (p1) drive six (p1.s0) drive seven (p1.s1) drive eight (p1.s2) drive nine (p1.s3) drive ten (p1.s4) drive twelve (p1.s5) All was well for a while, then drive twelve failed, so i went to replace it, created a configfile: drive twelve device /dev/ad11s1h # vinum create configfile # vinum start array.p1.s5 when p1.s5 finished reviving, I got all kinds of fsck errors such as "INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT", "EXCESSIVE BAD BLOCKS", etc. Fortunately, I had run: # fsck -n /dev/vinum/array so it didn't mess everything up. I then tried: # vinum stop array.p1 then I ran: # fsck -n /dev/vinum/array It was clean, no errors. I tried restarting array.p1: #vinum start array.p1 However, whenever I start that plex (and its done reviving), I get tons of fsck errors. Did I do something I shouldn't have done? Did I try to do something with vinum that it can't do? Is there any way to fix it? Any suggestions? TIA. Here is my "vinum list" output: 12 drives: D two State: up /dev/ad18s1h A: 0/190732 MB (0%) D one State: up /dev/ad16s1h A: 0/190732 MB (0%) D four State: up /dev/ad15s1h A: 47/190779 MB (0%) D five State: up /dev/ad14s1h A: 47/190843 MB (0%) D three State: up /dev/ad12s1h A: 47/190843 MB (0%) D twelve State: up /dev/ad11s1h A: 47/190779 MB (0%) D ten State: up /dev/ad10s1h A: 47/190843 MB (0%) D eleven State: up /dev/ad8s1h A: 47/190779 MB (0%) D eight State: up /dev/ad7s1h A: 47/190779 MB (0%) D nine State: up /dev/ad6s1h A: 47/190843 MB (0%) D seven State: up /dev/ad5s1h A: 0/190732 MB (0%) D six State: up /dev/ad4s1h A: 0/190732 MB (0%) 1 volumes: V array State: up Plexes: 2 Size: 931 GB 2 plexes: P array.p0 R5 State: up Subdisks: 6 Size: 931 GB P array.p1 R5 State: faulty Subdisks: 6 Size: 931 GB 12 subdisks: S array.p0.s0 State: up D: one Size: 186 GB S array.p0.s1 State: up D: two Size: 186 GB S array.p0.s2 State: up D: three Size: 186 GB S array.p0.s3 State: up D: four Size: 186 GB S array.p0.s4 State: up D: five Size: 186 GB S array.p0.s5 State: up D: eleven Size: 186 GB S array.p1.s0 State: stale D: six Size: 186 GB S array.p1.s1 State: obsolete D: seven Size: 186 GB S array.p1.s2 State: obsolete D: eight Size: 186 GB S array.p1.s3 State: obsolete D: nine Size: 186 GB S array.p1.s4 State: obsolete D: ten Size: 186 GB S array.p1.s5 State: obsolete D: twelve Size: 186 GB _______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"