Ok i copy my old Xfree86 to xorg and ..... works but i have message again
NVRM: detected agp.ko, aborting NVIDIA AGP setup
but the glx works fine i think that it'sa problem of the lasta driver

-----Original Message-----
From: edwinculp [mailto:edNVRM: detected agp.ko, aborting NVIDIA AGP [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 8/25/2004 5:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: xorg on 5.3 beta

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Osmany Guirola Cruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fecha: Miércoles, Agosto 25, 2004 3:45 pm
Asunto: xorg on 5.3 beta

> hi people
> i am trying to configure my nvidia card on freebsd 5.3beta
> and it's imposible to me do it
> first xorgconfig does not find the card database like when i use
> xf86config in 4.10 then the xorg.conf file it's incomplete
> then i use the xorgcfg and does not work i get a gray screen with a
> mouse an nothing more my last choice is with sysinstall with
> "xorgcfg -textmode" and i can find in the card database for my
> Geforce2 .. but when i do startx i get screen not found my solution
> was copy the xorg.con.new in the /root directory to /etc/X11/ then
> startx works but i compile the nvidia driver an this error apears
> in the console
> NVRM: detected agp.ko, aborting NVIDIA AGP setup but the startx works
I had a similar problem and ended up using an old XF86Config file that worked with
XFree86 and it works fine.  In fact I've been modifying it and using it with other
cards, too.

Probably not a good idea but it might solve you problem is you have an old
configuration file that worked laying around.

good luck,

ed