Curtis Vaughan wrote:


Ok, first off I didn't follow the instructions above verbatim. What I did do is copy ports-supfile, edited it, and perform a cvsup using it.
All it seemed to do, however, is delete everything in the ports directory.


Here's how I edited my ports-supfile

*default host=cvsup10.us.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
ports-all


Did I do something horribly wrong?


Yes.  Well, not horrible, but this was pilot error.

As I think you've been told once already recently
(or at least someone has told someone else within
the last 48 hours or so) you ***must*** use:

*default release=cvs tag=.

      (that's a dot or 'period'), because the ports tree isn't
tagged like the RELENG branches are.

So, in your case, cvsup replaced your extant ports
tree with all the ones from the release it couldn't
find, which happened to be nil ... and your ports
collection is now blank.

Kevin Kinsey
_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to