Well first of all if you are someone who had recently stepped into the
FreeBSD world then you should NOT be using Beta software. Coming back
to your point the command you should be using is
make -DWITHOUT_JAVA=yes

You missed out the D. Read the man page for make if you want to know
more about it.

Regards
S.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:56:21 -0400, Osmany Guirola Cruz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> is it posible compile openoffice without install java
> i do this
> %make WITHOUT_JAVA=yes but the port still try to download tha java files
> "apache-ant etc etc etc " i can not download the java files due to
> restrictions of Sun with my domain ".cu".... what can i do binaries of
> openoffice does not work because i have 5.3 beta "xorg"
> what should i do

Subhro Sankha Kar
School of Information Technology
Block AQ-13/1 Sector V