Could someone point me to a resource which details the resources available for
(or limitations to) doing desktop video via a usb eggcam (Logitech quickcam
in this instance)

The kernel (according to dmesg) sees the device as ugen0.3, but I'm yet to
find a client program that will display the output of the camera in an
xwindow.

I've already built camserv (from ports) kldloaded the bktr.ko module and
displayed the "test" camserv page in a webserver (something like
http://localhost:9122) and I get a continuous changing of color pallete, so
I'm pretty sure the software is working.  I just need to know if there is any
client support for USB "eggcam" devices.

Any pointers to some relevant documentation appreciated, though  sagefull
rants also welcomed.

Tim