Hi all,

I have had a server freeze after about 7 days of uptime.

When I got  to the terminal the screen was full of this
message :-

swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device: ad0s1f, blkno: 663, size 20480
swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device: ad0s1f, blkno: 4096, size 329

The keyboard was frozen but an attempt at another terminal
produced something like this :-

fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address = 0x2
falt code  = supervisor read, page not present
IP, FP, S Pointers = various hex
panic page fault

I ended up rpessing reset.

Any offerrs ?

Thanks !

I read this on a  site and checked the cables / did an entire surface
scan with no bad results although elsewhere suggests the disc is
on its way out. I dont mind buying another but would like 2nd
opinions :)

-----------

What does the error ``swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer:'' mean?

This means that a process is trying to page memory to disk, and the
page attempt has hung trying to access the disk for more than 20
seconds. It might be caused by bad blocks on the disk drive, disk
wiring, cables, or any other disk I/O-related hardware. If the drive
itself is actually bad, you will also see disk errors in /var/log/messages
and in the output of dmesg. Otherwise, check your cables and connections.

Custom PC North West
Open Source Solutions
http://www.cpcnw.co.uk