Wish to enable the serial console on my servers so that I can remotely view a reboot when it crashes ... I know to plug the serial cable into COM1 ... and I know I have to add something to /boot.config, but, if I want to set it so that even if the keyboard is plugged in, the serial console works, what do I need to add? I always thought -P, but reading the man page, I'm not so sure :(

Also ... I'm going to cross-connect the servers for now ... ServerA/COM1->ServerB/COM2, ServerB/COM1->ServerC/COM2, etc ... what happens if all machines come up at once? I see nothing in the man page about 'detecting serial', so I'm assuming that the serial console will still work, even if there is nothing at the other end 'listening' yet?

Thanks ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664