On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:42:29 -0400
David Litster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a windows machine and I am trying to figure out how to
> replace the windows with freebsd.  how do I do this?

Read the freebsd handbook...
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

if you have no unix experience be sure to read
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html

once you learn it you will love it :)  unix makes every thing easy ^_^
no tedious mucking about with a unwieldy mouse and you can do any
thing how you want to and not how some one things you want to do
something...

when it comes to a graphical interface check out http://xwinman.org/
and http://www.freebsd.org/ports/x11-wm.html

Just play around with those till you find one that fits you...

just remember man is your friend and with man and the handbook you
will nearly all ways find what you want :)  and if you don't then ask
:)

enjoy! :)