On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 01:25:38 -0700
Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

>       Is there any open source version of the Real Audio player?
>       or a translator that takes the input or ra[m] and creates
>       a wav|mp3 stream?  Also,is anything is the works to create
>       a (*ick*) Windoze version of their player for the Unix user?

IIRC mencoder (which is part of mplayer) can do that. There's also this
new project from Real called Helix ( https://helixcommunity.org/ ). I
know somebody is already working on a port. You can still use the closed
source linux version of Real Player as well, but only for replay, no
transcode AFAIK. I'd give mencoder a try, I've used it in the past to
convert between video formats and it works very well.

>       Anybody out there:-) ?

Definitely :)

Cheers,
--