I know that  you are using burncd...but I've always
had more luck with cdrecord myself....even though I
don't have a scsi driver adding atapicam to the kernel
works nicely.

Maybe you're trying to burn too fast?

I always have better luck at slower speeds....never
burn (or try to burn) at 52x when you have a 52x cdrw
drive...some older cdroms can't read cd's that are
burnt at fast speeds.

I usually use the slowest speed, but that's just me.

Sorry I'm not much help with burncd.

Mark