Here is something I came up with for the recent portsdb/ruby issue with 5.2.1 (and may also work with 4.10)

I want to thank Donald J. O'Neill for the input and off site testing of the therory.

Use at your own risk, your mileage may very, viod where prohibitad, and all other standard disclaimers apply.

0. Install portindex - /usr/ports/sysutils/portindex
----------------------
1. cvsup your ports tree
2. cd /usr/ports && make index
3. portindex
4. portindexdb
5. pkgdb -afuF (or whatever you use for parms)
6. portversion -vL=
7. portupgrade -a (or whatever you use for parms)

-- Best regards, Chris

Life is like an ice-cream cone:  You have to learn to
lick it.