On 06 Sep Pedro n/a wrote:
> In the first time I rebooted my computer, after I've finished the
> installation of this version, my motherboard started to beep and I didn't
> know what to do.
> After reseting the computer I realized that I could no longer "boot" my
> Windows. I did selected it from BootMng and it gave no response. Even
> though I tried to use FDISK /MBR to rewrite the MBR, all my effords were in
> vain and I couldn't start windows again.
> Recently I've reinstalled an old release version (trustworthy) but windows
> still unable to boot.
> Does anyone know anything that  could be helpful?

I experienced the same thing w/ beta-2
Just *before* putting an image back I discovered that beta-2 had
*changed* the LBA setting of my harddrive to another value.
Putting this back (manualy forcing the bios into using LBA), my windows
came back on.. Pfftt..

Def not a nice thing of beta-2 ;-(

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)