Perhaps there is another way to do this, but I am trying to layout as fault tolerant a network architecture as possible. Most rack mounted boxes come with at least 2 Ethernet ports for what one would assume is to have each go to a separate switch (or to act as a firewall). If either switch goes Tango Uniform, the network is still up. But if my processes are running in Jails and I create an IP alias for each network interface for the jail, I need to specify 2 IP addresses for the Jail, not one. I had heard there was a patch to do this and that it had been added to FreeBSD 5.3. Is this not the case? Is there a patch? Is there another way to do this? Thank you.

Frederick N. Brier
Multideck Corporation