Thanks Charles,
You really saved my day!
I had a "set MRU 1448" in my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, I changed it to the default size of 1492 which even though it's even larger, solved the problem?!
Thanks a lot again!

Charles Swiger wrote:

On Sep 10, 2004, at 4:40 PM, Nagilum wrote:

Everything works fine except I can't access certain hosts in the internet from the Powerbook or the gateway, the most famous being slashdot.org (www.clamav.net is another one). I can access other hosts without problems but from some I just don't get anything.

Hm, perhaps try adjusting your MTU down?  "ifconfig _name_ mtu 512"

[ Obviously, you want to use the largest MTU which works, but the above is a quick test that will show whether this helps. Replace _name_ with the name of your outgoing NIC.... ]