Hi all,

I'm new to the list so best say hi first :o)

I have a blackberry device at the moment, and would be quite interested in
synchronising it with my FreeBSD box which runs evolution. This is obviously a long
term pipe dream and unlikely to happen anytime soon but I may as well start learning
about it.

My question is this, how could I setup my bsd box as a kind of proxy for the usb
connection between my windows laptop (which has the blackberry desktop manager
software installed), and the blackberry itself?

Ideally I'd like the setup to be along the lines of laptop plugs into usb port on bsd
box, blackberry plugs into another usb port on the bsd box, and the bsd box simply
passes everything that comes in on one port out on the other, while logging everything
to file.

This hopefully over several runs would allow me to reverse engineer the protocol, or
am I barking up the wrong tree?

Regards,

Craig Perry

--