I dual boot FreeBSD 5.2.1 with Redhat Linux 9. I am trying to set up my printer which is a Canon S520 to print on the FreeBSD side. Running apsfilter SETUP I can get the printer to respond but the quality of the test prints have been poor. On my Linux side, however, the printer runs fine using one of the Cannon BJP printers and a Omni print driver.

When I ran apsfilter SETUP in FreeBSD I found the same printer but I don't have the Omni drivers installed. I've searched through my installation disks and looked through the ports but did not find any reference to Omni drivers.

Where would I find these drivers? Are they in the Ports under a different name? Or should I just break down and buy a new printer? If there is another way to get this printer up an running, I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks