Hello!

Most of our hosts can only do the regular 1500-byte frames, but some are Jumbo Frames capable.

I'm trying to make these few servers talk to _each other_ using bigger frames (the switch supports them) without breaking the LAN into subnets.

In the past someone suggested, I try explicit -mtu switch to the route(8). So, with two -current machines on the same LAN (`mi' and `pandora') I try:

mi# route add pandora -iface em0 -mtu 4000
add host pandora: gateway em0
mi# route get pandora
route to: pandora
destination: pandora
interface: em0
flags: <UP,HOST,DONE,LLINFO,STATIC>
recvpipe sendpipe ssthresh rtt,msec rttvar hopcount mtu expire
0 0 0 0 0 0 4000 0

Even ping-ing pandora stops working.... I have to `route delete pandora' for things to recover. Any suggestions? Thanks!

   -mi