Joshua Lewis wrote:
I have been having been having some issues with BIND that have been
driving me up the wall. I believe I may have located the problem. I
believe I had both BIND8 and BIND9 installed on the same system. So I am
reinstalling from the ports collection and overwriting BIND8 completely.
I wish to avoid this issue in the future. I found this in a how to
online and was wondering if it is accurate. if you plan on upgrading your base system, add "NO_BIND= true" to /
etc/make.conf to keep 'buildworld' from blowing away your current BIND
install.
For one thing there was no make.conf in /etc. Then the other thing is
the syntax looks odd to me. I would have thought it would be
NO_BIND="TRUE" as this is the syntax I have seen in rc.conf. Could
someone set me strait?

First things first. Please there is no need to shout your title.. Depending on which FBSD your're using -> 4.x.x -> /etc/defaults/make.conf 5.x.x -> /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf

These are the options that you can put into your custom /etc/make.conf file.

Hopefully that should clear things up...