On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:44:44 -0400
mailing lists at MacTutor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a machine running 4.10-STABLE that will be a dedicated
> gateway with a router/firewall combo and web server plus mysql
> server (maybe). What would be the pros and cons of running this
> system single user? Processes that run under their own uid, would
> they be able to run?
>
> Just curious. Any extra thoughts welcome.

Huh? There are benefits to booting into single user other fixing
stuff?

The major problem, besides some things are not setup for you, is the
lack of security.

Yeah, that process should be able to change users afaik. Just requires
that user be in the passwd file.

BTW any one know a appropriate section in the manual for refrencing
for stuff like this. Can't think of any off hand to point some one
towards that contains info and ect on this.