On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:47:48PM -0400, asolomon15 wrote:
> Hello everyone...   I have a problem getting support for mysql within
> php.   I am running freebsd 5.2.1 and php 4.3.8.  When I tried to run a
> php script that uses a mysql db connection, I got  this error
>  *Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
>
> I did a phpinfo() and noticed i didn't see any mysql or postgresql
> support in it.   I then tried to install php4-mysql module from the
> freebsd ports and still no luck.    I also tried reinstalling both and I
> still end up in the same situation.   I did a google search for how to
> load a mysql module but I keep getting articles about how to load it
> with apache.   What should I do?

Installing the php4-mysql module is the correct first step.  The
question is why that new module isn't being loaded as part of
mod_php4?  Eliminating the obvious: did you kill and restart apache
/after/ installing php4-mysql?

If that doesn't work, then what is the value of the 'extension_dir'
property in /usr/local/etc/php.ini ? By default it should be commented
out:

    ; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
    ; extension_dir = "./"

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way