Did you read /usr/ports/UPDATING? The php port has changed. Now, you do a
base install, and then you install the extensions separately. And you have
to make sure to comment out the extensions_dir variable in your php.ini
file.

Yes I read it, I ran into that problem much before this one. It was all working great until that portupgrade that I did. I do have extensions_dir commented out:

;extension_dir = "./"

After doing my trick of restarting apache with it off, I can still access the extras (GD image library for example). So I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I've also tried reinstalling with all of the extras off (trying different combinations).

Vonleigh Simmons <http://illusionart.com/>