In the immortal words of "Ted Mittelstaedt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Go buy a HP Laserjet 4M+ that's used.  For starters the things are
> indestructible
> you might have to do a feed roller replacement at 50,000 prints, but
> other than
> that you just keep putting toner and paper in it.  They are dirt cheap
> used and
> the remanufactured toner cartridges for them are also dirt cheap.  The
> PostScript
> is real PostScript.  They take an internal print server card that is
> also dirt
> cheap on the used market.

I agree.  I have one of these given to me, and I have to admit, it's
basically wonderful.  Everything works with it, it spits out pages
perfectly every time.  It's a bit slow to warm up, but that's bearable
considering all it's benefits.
I'm up to around 4000 pages since I bought a toner for it, and I will
probably just get a refill cartridge for less than AU$50.

You can usually pick these units up at auction for around the $20 mark,
or sometimes less.  Mine came with a second paper tray and a jet-direct
card, and I'm sure there are other nice extras that people are willing
to include just to take it off their hands.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>