Dear Sir/Madam,

I know that the question I am asking might sound very stupid. But it has me really
perplexed. It relates to Unix mail. I use the d command to delete mails. Like
d <message_number>
or
d <message-list>
But sometimes I find that the mails get deleted and sometimes not. I want the mails
that I delete to be deleted sure shot. I have tried exiting using q but still the
mails are there when I check back later. We have a BSD system. Please advise me how I
can delete mail that I want deleted without the fear of it reappearing again when I
log in and check the next time.

Regards
Susmit