On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 03:42:04PM +0100, arden wrote:
> hi all
>
> I use AIX at work if I want to view devices on my system i use lsdev and
> lscfg
>
> These commands seem not to be there in freebsd
>
> What do you use to list the devices on you system ?
>
> Arden
>
> btw really impressed with the way freebsd preforms on low end systems

Well, I'm not sure what lsdev and lscfg do in AIX, but the only way that
I know to list devices in FreeBSD would be `ls /dev`, but this answer
seems too simple and would probably only be meaningful if you are using
devfs.  Of course, 'less /var/run/dmesg.boot' will show you kernel
messages from bootup and this should display the devices found by
various drivers.

Nathan
--
PGP Public Key: pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD8527E49