I have 2 partitions on my hard drive ( ad0 ), one with Windows XP, one with FreeBSD
5.0.
Like usually I had problems with windows and I had to format the first partition
(ad0s1) and reinstall it, but as you know it deleted the FreeBSD boot manager.
I booted with a CD and tryed "fdisk /b /boot/boot0 ad0" which indeed brought back the
boot manager but even now I can't enter FreeBSD because when I press F2 it beeps
instead of booting.
Is there a problem with the disk geometry? If yes ... I'm pretty helpless because I
can say that I'm a newbie regarding this OS.
Can I recover my FreeBSD partition or do I have to delete it and reinstall the OS
again?