Daniela wrote:
I'm looking for a tool to record everything that can be seen on a given X display. Ideally, it should have support for limiting recording to a single window, but that's not strictly necessary. About four years ago I used Camtasia on Windoze for this, and I need something that produces a similar result, preferably a neat small command line tool.

ksnapshot does pretty much what you want. I tested it under fluxbox too, and it works fine there.

Lots to install if you don't want kde for anything else, though.

-- Regards,

Peter Risdon,
the circle squared

network systems and software