I recently did a portupgrade on freebsd 5.2.1 which included XFree86. I
am now at 4.3.0,1 and it starts fine.

The problem I am experiencing is with the X fonts. Beginning with GDM
there are missing fonts for things such as desktop and menu icons as
well as entry into text boxes. This includes text entered and displayed
with GDM. The menus are there lacking text.

This has happened twice now. The first time I used "portupgrade -arR". I
can't remember the upgrades I used the second time, but it was similar.

Thanks,

Geoffrey Gloistein
Enterprise Messaging
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]