On Thursday 23 September 2004 02:44 pm, Chris wrote:
> Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> >> There might be something to be said for doing it "my way",
> >> after all, Frank Sinatra made a fortune in that manner...
> >> </tongue'n'cheek>
> >>
> >> You could join in the FreeBSD tradition, though, and do it the
> >> Right Way(tm) ...
> >>
> >> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/28/FreeBSD_Basics.html
> >>
> >> An excellent tutorial/article by Dru Lavigne....
> >>
> >> </only slightly-less-tongue-in-cheek>  ;-)
> >>
> >> Kevin Kinsey
> >
> > OK, after reading this tutorial, here is MY new WAY.
> >

> >  /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /root/cvsup/ports-supfile
> >  portsdb -Uu
> >  portversion -l "<"   [to see if any ports will be upgraded]
> >  portupgrade -arR   [so dependencies will be installed, if
> > necessary] [NB. If ever asked to run pkgdb -F, do it]
> >
> > Taking into consideration other issues or options pointed out
> > on the web tutorial, will this be a good strategy from now on
> > for performing good port upgrades?
> >
> > Curtis
>
> Yes - this is more or less how I do mine.
OK Curtis, What the heck are you doing, we just discussed this,
Chris, I know better than this and so do you. You guys are supposed
to be doing it my way. I think you're just trying to get in good
graces with the list so you show up here instead of getting
filtered into the bit bucket.

Don
--
Donald J. O'Neill